- As part of your outstanding experience with Volkswagen of Athens, we make sure that the maintenance schedule for your vehicle is followed. As the time for a scheduled maintenance service nears, a team member from the Volkswagen of Athens service center contacts you to schedule the service at your convenience. You can always stay updated on the maintenance time intervals for your specific Volkswagen by checking your owner’s manual. Contact us here at Volkswagen of Athens if you cannot find your manual and we’ll be happy to tell you when your vehicle is due for its next oil change.
- Each battery comes with a warranty date comprised of a letter and number combination. The number is the year the warranty ends and the letter corresponds to the month. “A” means January, “B” is for February and on through the rest of the year. If the code on your battery is J19 then the warranty ends on October 2019. We recommend that you change your battery just prior to that date or bring your vehicle to our service center. Our service team will be happy to check your battery to be sure that it still holds a charge.
- There could be a number of issues that are preventing your car from starting. A malfunctioning sensor, alternator or starter could be the issue. Another scenario that could cause your car to not start is a timing belt that is broken or stretched or a dead battery.
- If the “Service Engine Soon” or “Check Engine Light” illuminates in your vehicle, you should bring it in for service as soon as possible. The only way to diagnose the issue is to plug your vehicle into a code reader.
- There are several factors that need to be taken into consideration when it comes to knowing how often you’ll need to replace your tires. These include where you drive, how you drive and the type of tires you have. If you frequently drive on gravel or have “highway” tires, your tires will wear faster and you’ll need to replace them more often.
- Each tire has an estimation of the number of miles that it should last. Make it a habit to check your tires for low pressure, wear and other imperfections. Replace your tires when their tread is nearly even with the wear bars.
- Tap into the knowledge and expertise of the service advisor at Volkswagen of Athens. Inform them of the type of driving you do and the surfaces you drive on most often. He or she will be able to recommend the tire that is best for your driving habits.
- While the maintenance schedule for your Volkswagen model is a good place to start, there are other indicators that mean you should change your belts and hoses, too. If your hoses are cracking or if they have soft areas, they need to be replaced. Belts that are shiny on the bottom, have signs of dry rot or cannot retain their tension need to be changed as soon as possible.
- The differences between OEM parts and generic parts are significant. OEM — Original Equipment Manufacturer — parts are made by the manufacturer of your vehicle to their exacting standards and specifically to your vehicle model. Both Volkswagen and third parties can sell OEM parts.
- Generic parts are manufactured by another company and designed to fit your vehicle. In most cases, these parts do fit your Volkswagen. However, their quality might not be the same as OEM parts. OEM parts offer you the peace of mind of a warranty. At Volkswagen of Athens, we always use OEM parts.
When will my Volkswagen need an oil change?
How will I know that my battery needs to be replaced?
Why isn’t my vehicle starting?
My “Service Engine Soon” light is on. What should I do?
How will I know when I need to buy tires?
Which tires are the best for me?
How will I know when I need to replace my hoses and belts?
Are OEM parts and generic parts the same?
- When it comes to servicing your vehicle, there is no better place to come than the VW Service Center. This is because all techs are trained and certified by Volkswagen so they will always fix your car according to VW standards.
- Additionally, they are trained to know how to use the special equipment needed to properly diagnose your vehicle. Without a proper diagnosis, you could end up spending money for a repair that you never even needed and will still have to fix the other issue.
- We only have Manufacturer Certified auto repair technicians on staff which means that you can trust that the repair will be done right the first time and that only Volkswagen quality OEM parts are used. Because of this, you will have a warranty on the part as well as a warranty on the service that you get. If there is a defective part or an error is made, we will fix it at no additional cost.
- An experience you will enjoy.
- No one likes to get their vehicle services but at Volkswagen of Athens, you will actually enjoy it. We offer a convenient location as well as flexible scheduling to work with your time. You can drop your vehicle off or relax in our lounge with free Wi-Fi, a wide-screen TV, a café with snacks and drinks, and even a merchandise boutique.
Volkswagen Certified Professionals. We’re the experts.
- Volkswagen vehicles have Homelink for the busy driver who’s always on the go. With this leading wireless system, you can control the garage door of your home, the interior and exterior lights, and even your appliances. The best part is that it’s all built into your car. No more remote controls to use or batteries to change. Simply program the functions you want, and then press one of three buttons to complete the action
- Volkswagen of Athens keeps you connected no matter where you are.
- Pair your phone with Bluetooth, and you can make and receive calls (including video) without having to use your hands. Listen to music on your phone, put on your favorite podcast, or just catch up with a friend on a long commute. It’s easy to set up, and Volkswagen of Athens can help!
- Your car should be parked but switched on. If your smartphone doesn’t have Bluetooth turned on, you will need to do so. Once it’s on, it will search for connections.
- Once you see the VW BT connection pop up on your phone, enter the last four digits of your VIN to confirm.
- After this, you should see a message on your display screen on your center console asking you if you want to connect. Once you select this option, you’ll get a 6-digit PIN that will correspond to the PIN on your phone.
- All you have to do is hit Yes, and then Pair to complete the process. Now you’re ready for hands-free fun!
Use Homelink and control your home from your car!
Use Volkswagen Bluetooth and You’re Always Available
Volkswagen Bluetooth Connect
Setting Up Your Phone